Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas this year was perfect.  Just the fact that we were at home and Skyler is doing so well made it so special.  We slept over at my parents house on Christmas eve so we could open presents with my parents and uncle Ty.  Skyler was so excited for Santa to come and he got just what he was asking for, a 3D Mario DS game!  It was so fun to see the excitement on his face when anyone mentioned Santa coming.  Last year he was still too sick to get really excited about it so it made this year even more magical.  Before we went to bed he helped my mom make cookies for Santa.  He decorated them and put those out along with a big glass of milk.   Another thing that made this Christmas so special was a couple presents Skyler gave to me.  On Christmas Eve he surprised me with a beautiful vase full of flowers.  He loves getting me roses and it melts my heart every time.  He also got me a gold childhood cancer ribbon necklace with real diamonds on it.  It is so beautiful and absolutely perfect, something I will always treasure.  I have been looking for a necklace like this for so long but couldn't find one, so this surprise was awesome.  He actually gave it to me at the beginning of December right after he got it because he just couldn't wait to give it to me.  One thing about Skyler that I love is that he LOVES giving people presents and it is so hard for him to wait to give it to them.  His dad was like this too so its really cute to me and I love that he enjoys making people happy.  A little while ago we were talking about what kind of jobs people have and he said that his job in this world was to share and to make people happy.  What a special boy he is and a great reminder everyday about what is really important. 

I didnt take too many pictures because I wanted to enjoy each and every moment of that day.   Here are a few though that I was able to take. 



2 comments:

suzie said...

MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS to our HERO!!! Skyler......u are AMAZING! And I know santa sure looooved coming to ur house to bring you your gifts for such a good kid.....SUPER SKYLER!!!
Crystal....soooo precious and awesome about ur necklace!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO U BOTH!

*SUZIE

Susi said...

Just catching up on blogs and I loved reading about your perfect Christmas!! You so deserved it! And Skyler is definitely special :)