Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I have been really busy lately and I have alot of stuff to catch up on, including Skyler' star raising party, but here are some pictures of some of the things we have been up to.  Skyler has been doing really well and having fun playing with cousins.  From the moment he wakes up he is on the go.  His favorite thing to do now is go play at his cousins or both of grandma's houses by himself.  Since I have been letting him do things without me sometimes he is taking full advantage of it.  He loves feeling "normal" again.  I read this off of another cancer buddies blog before he passed away and it really hit me hard.  "What's the point of trying so hard to save our child's life if we don't let them live it?"  That has stuck with me and its what I have been living by lately.  This mother decided she wasn't  going to keep her son in a bubble anymore, she was going to let him live his life.  The following year he died.  It just goes to show you never know what the future holds, so make the most of what you have today. 


                      We went to Wheeler Farm with cousins...






We had a WONDERFUL Easter!  The picture above is Skyler and his two bestest buddies on Easter morning.  I know that is not the most flattering picture of Jagger, kids cover your eyes.

My mom had an Easter egg hunt and a treasure hunt at her house.  This is Skyler's face when he saw all the eggs!


Grandma gave all the kids sunglasses and towels for their prize after the treasure hunt.  I think they like them!


  All the grandkids!  Skyler loves his cousins, he told my mom later that day that he wanted to erase the whole day so he could do it again.


We also went to a Bee's baseball game.  I love watching baseball so this was really fun for me.  Skyler's favorite part were the treats and playing in the suite we had.





4 comments:

Holly said...

Beautiful pictures! I am so glad to hear you are all having fun living life!

Chelsie said...

Oh this post makes my heart so happy! He looks so good! You guys have both come so far!

Anonymous said...

YA YA YA!!!!!! warms my heart to see him looking so great!! good job mommy!!!



zachs mom

Ashleigh said...

I love all these pictures! He looks so healthy right now and so happy! It's great to see!