Tuesday, April 3, 2012


Skyler's birthday is getting closer and what better way to celebrate than by helping others be able to celebrate another birthday as well!  A huge part of why Skyler gets to celebrate his 6th birthday is because of the generous people who donated their blood to him.  Skyler has used 184 units of blood and platelets from ARUP so we want to give back.  We want to get as many people as possible to come donate.  Think about all the lives we could help save!  It will be amazing! 

Also for those of you who are terrified of needles, Be the Match will also be there to sign people up for the bone marrow registry.  Its only a quick swab of the mouth, no pokes.  There are so many people out there right now, including one of Skyler's little cancer buddies, that are waiting for a match from the registry.  You could be that match, you could literally save their life!

This is something that I am very passionate about because I get to give my little boy a big hug and kiss tonight because of people like you who were willing to donate their time and blood to help him.  So if you are able, PLEASE come out and help us celebrate Skyler's birthday by making many more birthdays possible this year.  There will also be a bounce house for kids to play on while you donate or get your cheek swabbed!!!

You can either leave a comment here or email me at crystaln_isaacson@yahoo.com if you are interested.  WALK-INS WELCOME



4 comments:

lea said...

We'll be there! My neighbor wants to come too, but plan on at least me and my hubby. Can't wait!

Sonja said...

Do you mind if I post this flyer on my blog? I don't know if i can make it, but it is such a great thing, I would love to spread the word. You are amazing!

Crystal and Skyler said...

That would be great Sonja!

Cyndy said...

Crystal I am not able to give blood but I will talk to my husband about coming. You are awesome!