Sunday, June 26, 2011

We are still home but Skyler continues to get worse.  He will spike about every three hours now and sometimes the Tylenol wont even  bring it down that much.  He sleeps most of the day away because he is so tired and just doesnt feel good.  Today he told me he was so sick of being tired.  Poor kid I dont blame him.  I have a feeling we will end back up in the hospital soon so the past couple of days when Skyler is awake I have been trying to do fun things with him.  He will usually have so much fun for about an hour or so and then just get so worn out.  Here are some pictures of our fun times.  The smiles and laughs in some of these are priceless because they are rare lately.

I got this new swing for Skyler so he can enjoy being outside.  Here he is watching movies outside and having snacks


We also had cousins over for a picnic


He loves helping me in the kitchen.  He is a very good kool-aide maker


He also helped make cookies.  He loves cooking and everything he makes turns out so yummy


Love Love Love this smile!


This boy is amazing.  I love him so much!


My mom and dad came over today.  Skyler and grandma had so much fun filling up water balloons


Here they are sneaking up on grandpa to get him with a water balloon. 


Skyler had so much fun throwing all his water balloons at grandpa





We also had another little picnic with grandma and grandpa

7 comments:

Michelle and Sean said...

Praying hard things will get figured out soon so he can have more fun!!

Susi said...

He is so precious! I really want to thank you for writing this blog and sharing all of this with us. You inspire me as a mom to be better... to create those memories and moments that truly matter. I know that's probably the last thing on your mind right now (to be inspiring people you don't even know ) but you do. Just want you to know that every time I read your blog I am deeply touched by the love that you portray for your son and by the strength and sweetness that Skyler has.....Saying more prayers in your behalf!!

Erin said...

^^ Susi said it all. Skyler is a lucky boy to have such a great mom, and you're a lucky mom to have a boy who's smile lights up a room! We continue to pray that Skyler's doctors will figure out what is going on. It's heartbreaking to hear that he is still so sick.

Brandi said...

Susi said exactly what I wanted to say. You are both so amazing and I have learned so much from your story. It has made me want to be a better mom, person, friend, etc. It has made me teach my kids new lessons in life and to be more compassionate and to be more grateful for what we all have. I really think your story came to me at just the right time. I stumbled across your blog from another one and it has helped us out in so many ways. All 5 of us are so looking forward to the CureSearch walk for Team Skyler. Thank you Crystal for putting your life out there for the rest of us to learn from.

I pray that Skyler will get some answers soon and that he will start to feel better. He is such a darling little boy and you are such a wonderful mom. I truly admire you both.

Congrats on the new home...it is darling and I am so happy for you both.

Lots of love and please let me know if you ever need anything.

cjmom said...

What a great way to enjoy your time at home. We are praying that the doctors can figure out what is causing the fevers.

Stephanie Duerden said...

He is so dang cute! I can't even wait to meet him and starting working on his wish. If there is anything I can do for you, even if it is dropping off a treat to you and Skyler at home or the hospital, please let me know. I would love to do it, just don't want you to feel overwhelmed if you don't want it. Hope to talk to you soon! Thinking about both of you!
-Stephanie Duerden
801-913-1650

lea said...

I also ditto what Susi said and want you to know you are both always in my prayers. Your parents are sooo cute with him too! Skylers always got a smile on his face when hes with his grandpa. That is such a blessing! Its amazing how you always make the most of the good times you have...what a good mommy you are!!