Monday, May 14, 2012

As you all know birthdays are a big deal to me. Growing up my mom always went out of her way to make them very special, so I have tried doing that for Skyler. Birthdays have become even more special to me since Skyler was diagnosed.  Yesterday was Skyler's actual birthday, but since it was Sunday and also Mother's Day we decided to celebrate it on Saturday. Ever since we got Jagger Skyler has been really into puppies and wanted to have a puppy party. We invited his cousins over to Grandma's house for the party. Skyler has celebrated every birthday at grandma and grandpa's house and he didn't want this year to be any different. The one thing he really wanted was another bounce house. It's amazing to me that he can finally jump around again so I just couldn't say no. It makes me so happy to see him jumping around having so much fun with the other kids.


These are the treats we had.  Scooby-doo snacks, whoppers, and coca puffs.  This was my favorite part :)
I looked everywhere for puppy balloons but couldn't find anything so I decided to make my own.  They turned out kinda cute.  We got dog bowls for all the kids (new and clean) and put their names on them and decorated them with puppy stickers.  That's what they ate their treats out of.  For the drinks the kids drank toilet water.  Don't worry it wasn't really toilet water, although a couple of the kids actually thought they were drinking real toilet water.  Sorry parents :)




                                 Each kid got to adopt their own puppy too.  


  This is Skyler's dog bowl.  Can you tell he decorated it himself?


We also played pin the paw on the doggie.  I think I turned Skyler one too many times because he almost ran into that fence.

 We had a puppy pinata too.  Skyler was the first one to hit it and on the first swing he decapitated the puppy!  Kinda funny.  I decided it would be cute to do face painting too.  This was my very first attempt at it.  It was actually pretty fun and it didn't turn out too shabby if I do say so myself.  I cant believe Skyler actually let me paint his face.  He hates anything wet on his face. He makes a cute puppy though!





In the picture above I told everyone to do sad puppy faces.  I guess Skyler didn't get the memo on that one.

 
We also opened presents (I love the face in that picture) and had cake.  Apparently I lost my mind for a minute and forgot to take the cake out of the cardboard box.  The box almost went up in flames.

   HAPPY 6 YEARS TO THE TOUGHEST KID I KNOW!!!!!



For Mother's Day Skyler surprised me with flowers, a card, a balloon, a singing bear, chocolate covered strawberries, a gift certificate to Wingers (his favorite place to eat) and a heart locket.  He sure knows how to make his momma feel special and loved!!  I love you with all my heart Skyler, to infinity and beyond!!





4 comments:

suzie said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to one AMAZING "Puppy"!!!! Skyler ...ur party rocked, and u are the cutest doggie around!!!!

*suzie

Shaylin said...

This video reminded me of Skyler sooooo much!! Happy birthday Sky!! I know you love the song Stronger so I hope you like this! You are my hero!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4w1beZg8mM

Briana said...

what a cute party! way to go! i bet skyler had a blast.

that last picture of the two of you hugging is so sweet. skyler is such a thoughtful, sweet boy. happy mother's day - you are one amazing momma!

Brittney said...

Happy Birthday Skyler, I had the biggest smile on my face as I read this post, it is so full of happiness and love!!!