Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Skyler's ANC today is 0.  Such a bummer.  His platelet count is also at 10.  Another bummer.  They werent joking when they said his counts would drop.  Im so scared right now thinking that he is at a greater risk of having his fungal infection activate.  For the most part he has done well in this phase considering where he has been and we are so close to maintenance, so it scares me having his counts so low.  Especially because of what happened to him last time his counts were this low.  We go in tomorrow for his last dose of chemo in this phase and also another platelet transfusion.  
This is how Skyler is feeling tonight.  He has a big headache that oxycodone wont even touch and has thrown up twice within the last thirty min.

7 comments:

Erin said...

Poor guy. Feel better Skyler. Maintenance will be so awesome for you!

Anonymous said...

hang in there you sweet little angel!! Prayers are being sent to you both

zachs mom

Jodi Mortensen said...

Oh poor little buddy. So sorry he is not feeling well. Carson was so sick for this phase, it takes me back to those yucky times. This Phase will be over before you know it. Hang in there...

Anonymous said...

I Know things aren't the best right now.. But there are angles all around you watching over you. One of them is your mommie. you are so strong Skyler you could who is the toughest aginst superman.. I will send ll my prayers to you that you feel better soon. Hang in their skyler your almost ready for maintenince..... you are loved so very much...

lea said...

So sad he feels so crappy, but so glad to hear your nearly done with this phase. Keep hanging in there...I think Maintenance will be like Heaven for both of you after all you've been through!

cjmom said...

Hang tough little guy. So sorry things are lousy today.

Thomps Fam said...

Ah, sweet little dude. I hate seeing the pain in his expression, even more so since his smile is so bright!! I can't wait until he feels good and his counts are ever high enough to meet him! I love this little guy so much!! Every night after I get my 6 and 3 year olds to bed, and I'm rocking my baby to sleep I check on your blog to see how he's doing. Thanks for always staying on top of it, it makes us feel more like a part of your guys' lives! More prayers coming your way Skyler!! Love you sweet Angel!!