Wednesday, November 17, 2010

For the past couple of nights my favorite time has been about eleven until about midnight.  During this hour Skyler has been really awake and wanting to play.  Because it is so late at night no one comes in and bothers him, so that leaves time for us to play together and Skyler to be himself without worrying if he is going to be poked or prodded.  It has been so nice to see him be himself again.  His little personality is just shining through and its amazing to see.  Its during this time where I am truly happy and so grateful that I get to be this little boy's mother.

Some funny comments he made today are:

I was giving him a drink and thought I would be extra generous and give him an extra big drink.  After he was done he gave me this cute smile and said "Thumbs up woman!"  Haha I think I about peed my pants from laughing so hard.
Then he was kind of feeling around at his belly and stopped at his belly button and said with a confused look on his face "Mom my belly button is gone, it just disappeared!"  (His belly is still really big so just like a pregnant person's belly button, his has stretched and has become an outty and it feels different to him)  It was really cute because he didnt seem too bothered by it, but was just confused as to where it went.
Then we were playing catch with a big beach ball and the nurse had to come give him his med through his feeding tube and suddenly he stopped mid catch and looked at her and said " And what are you doing"  she said "Just giving you your Ativan through your feeding tube" and he said with the funniest look on his face  "Oh thats just weird!"


I just wanted to post some pics of Sky before he got sick because I have a lot of him very sick, but I want you to see the Skyler that isnt sick too.






6 comments:

Chelsea said...

I love these pics! In the one where he's eating a cracker, he looks EXACTLY like you!! What a little HUNK! Love ya both! XOXOXOX

lindsey hill said...

LOVE HIM!!!!! Im so glad he is back!!!!

nsudburyfam said...

What a handsome boy! I hope he's feeling good today :)

Jen Beckstrand said...

This is one of my favorite posts! Thanks for sharing some of the Skyler-tude :) So excited for this Saturday! Love you two!

Cyndy said...

Thumbs up woman! You are amazing!

Court J said...

Kids say the funniest things! I've been bawling reading this whole blog, but Skyler will bounce back. I am praying for you & him. Things will get better!