Our plan now since we still dont have any answers is to basically just wait and see what his counts and fevers do over the next week or so. If they are trending down then thats good and we will just leave him on these 3 antibiotics for several months. If nothing changes or things start trending up then we will have to look into changing around his meds and doing a full body CT scan with contrast this time. They normally give contrast through an IV before they get scanned so they can see everything, but we have been doing his without contrast because contrast hurts the kidneys and the last time we gave him contrast it landed him in the PICU the 2nd time intubated. Im just not willing to risk that right now unless it is absolutely necessary. The problem doing it without contrast though is that you cant see everything so we could be missing something. One of the hardest things for me is trying to make the right decisions is Skylers care. I have had to make some pretty big decisions that I wish I never had to make, but this is the situation we were dealt I have tried so hard to make the right ones. I think one of the biggest lessons I have learned is to go with my gut. A mothers intuition is key. I have learned so much about myself through this process and I am grateful for that. I wish I could have learned these things without the words "child" and "cancer" in the same sentence, but I believe we are given trials for a reason and we can become better and stronger because of them. Thank you everyone for your continued support. I have become a better person because of you and your service, kind words and encouragement. This devastating world of cancer really has opened my eyes to the good people in this world.
I was able to take the bandage off of Skyler's chest tube site. This is his 6th chest tube scar, one of the many scars that he is covered from head to toe in. There isnt a limb on him now without at least one cancer scar.